Recommissioning a device does the following:
- Clears all the data from the Secure Volume
- Depending on device model, removes user imported digital IDs (PKI certificates & keys), device unlock password, all ID Manager information (passwords, user names site URLs, etc), and all other user data from the device
- Returns the device to factory state. Basic devices that have been upgraded to Enterprise will remain Enterprise after the recommission.
- Log into your EMS server and select Manage Devices
- Locate the device you want to recommission and double click on the device name
- From the device profile page select the "Recommission" command
- Once the command is sent, the device will need to be plugged in
- After plugging the device in run the unlocker executable
How does this differ from Device Migration?
Device Migration follows the same steps as Recommission, however, once complete, the device is able to be activated on SafeConsole. For more information on migrating devices, click here.