This article will show how to turn on the SafeConsole Recycle Bin as well as how to utilize its features.
Enabling the SafeConsole Recycle Bin
- Log in to your SafeConsole Server using your Owner account and navigate to Server Settings>General
- Locate the "Enable recycle bin for Devices and SafeCrypt Drives" option and check the box
Note: If the box is grayed out and you are not logged in as the Owner account
- Once you have enabled the Recycle Bin, you should be able to find the Trash filter under Manage>Drives
By clicking on the trash button, your Drives table will filter down to see only drives that have been Deleted and moved to the Trash. A device that is Deleted allows you to recover a license seat. From the Trash, you will be able to permanently delete a device from your SafeConsole server, or restore the drive back into an active state.
- In order to adjust the status of a device, filter your drives table for devices that have been placed in your Trash by clicking Trash button.
- Next click on the serial number of the device you want to change the status of.
- From the pop-out screen you will be able to change the status of the device to either Delete Forever or Restore