Admins can be forced to use 2-factor authentication by the owner of the SafeConsole account. This provides an extra layer of security on the account.
To force 2-factor authentication, it must first be turned on. To do this:
- Click Profile Settings from the user menu in the top right corner.
- Click the 2-Factor Authentication tab.
- Choose one or both methods.
- Follow the steps to enable your chosen method.
To force admins to use 2-factor authentication:
- Navigate to the Admins page by clicking Admins on the left side menu.
- Locate the Web Console Security section and check the Enable Two-factor Authentication Enforcement checkbox before clicking Save. Note: This setting can only be edited by the owner of the account.
- Admins will see a red banner at the top of their screen the next time they log in stating that their profile is not complete and they will automatically be directed to the 2-factor authentication page. They will be unable to view or perform and functions until 2-factor authentication has been set up.