Administrators can pre-register devices in SafeConsole and bind them to a Users' account by following the steps below:
- Your SafeConsole Server should be on version 5.4 or above
- Your SafeConsole Ready Devices should be updated to 4.8.34 or later. The latest firmware updates available here.
- Enable "Requires a unique token for all device registrations" in server settings.
- Enable "Disable machine ownership confirmation during registration" in server settings
Failure to meet these requirements will register devices to the incorrect account.
- Create the users manually in SafeConsole or Import a CSV list of the users.
- Follow the Quick Connect Guide with a new device you would like to register. (The Quick Connect Guide is available in the Help section on the left-hand side of the SafeConsole web interface)
- When prompted for the Registration Token, use the Unique Registration Token of the User you are registering the device for.
- The User's Unique Registration Token can be found by going to Manage Users and clicking the blue pop-out box ahead of the User's name (SafeConsole 5.2.3+)
How to view the User's Unique Token on SafeConsole
Registration Token prompt on Devices running client 4.8.47+
Registration Token prompt on Devices running client 6.0+
4. The administrator will be required to set an initial password to the device to complete registration, however, this password will not need to be given to the user for access.
5. Once the pre-registration is completed, provide the device to the User.
6. The User should connect the device to their machine and launch the device client application.
7. The User should initiate a Password Reset.
NOTE: This process will need to be done on a computer with a connection to the SafeConsole server.
- The User clicks "Password Help" or "Forgot Password" on the Control Panel. (based on device client version)
- The User contacts their SafeConsole Administrator to retrieve the Response/Recovery Code.
- The Recovery Code should be emailed from SafeConsole by the Administrator to the User.
- The User will enter the Response/Recovery Code into the Control Panel.
- The User will be prompted to create a new password.
- Once the new password is created, the Device will be unlocked and is ready for use.