The "Application error (2063): A Control Panel application error has occurred" message might appear after a device has been updated, or when attempting to access or reformat the Secure Files volume.
To resolve this issue:
Note: This solution will wipe all data stored on the secure volume.
- Lock and remove the IronKey device.
- Plug the IronKey device back in and unlock it.
- In IronKey Control Panel click Settings > Preferences.
- Click the Reformat Secure Volume button, and then click OK to confirm the erase of all data.
- Verify that the device is now functional and that the Secure Files volume is accessible.
If IronKey Control Panel cannot reformat the Secure Files volume, you can format through Windows (assuming the IronKey is plugged in and unlocked) or on another computer:
- Open "My Computer" (XP), "Computer" (Vista), or 'This PC' (Windows 7, 8, and 10)
- Right-click "IronKey Secure Files" (this might also appear as "Removable Disk"), and then click "Format".
- Ensure the file system is "FAT32", allocation unit size is "Default", and "Quick Format" is not selected.
- Click "Start", and then click "OK" to confirm.