A "DevCore error (36): Login failed Note that your IronKey device password has been set" message might appear when initializing an IronKey with a device nickname and password.
To resolve this issue, format the Secure Files volume via Windows:
- Insert the device into a computer.
- When prompted, enter the password and start the setup process.
- When the "DevCore error (36)" appears again, leave this message on-screen.
- Click "Start", and then click "Run".
- Type in "diskmgmt.msc" and then click "OK".
- The Disk Management window appears.
- In the top pane, right-click the drive letter that corresponds to your Secure Files volume, and click "Format".
- Set the File system option to "FAT32".
- Ensure that the "Perform a quick format" checkbox is not selected.
- Click "OK", and close the Disk Management window.
- Confirm the "DevCore error (36)" message, and let the initialization process finish.