A "Windows Error (1392) A Control Panel Application error has occurred" message appears when attempting to unlock an IronKey device. This might be caused by corruption of the Secure Files volume.
To resolve this issue:
- Try to run the Windows Check Disk Utility via the command prompt (e.g., "CHKDSK D: /F /R").
- Use a third-party data recovery application to recover any data that has not been backed up.
- Reformat the Secure Files volume using the Windows Format utility.
- Lock, remove, and re-insert the device.
- Unlock the IronKey device, and launch the onboard Firefox to restore the applications.