If your Enterprise device has the Anti-Malware Scanner enabled via policy, you may encounter this error when trying to download the initial virus definitions file. This may also present an "Unknown Error" dialog in the Anti-Malware Scanner window. The two primary reasons are:
1. A firewall's ACL is not allowing access to the McAfee virus definitions update site.
To resolve the issue, please ensure your firewall is not blocking access to:
On S100, S200 and D200 devices you can try the following procedure:
Insert and unlock the IronKey.
Go to the Settings > Network Settings menu.
Select the option that is most relevant to your situation: Home users: Direct Connection Corporate/Government networks: Configuration Script or Manual Proxy. This might be required on your network in order to access certain types of websites, so please contact your IT Help Desk or Network Administrator for this information.
2. The Anti-Malware application was corrupted during the install/download and cannot continue to download the initial virus definitions file. Please follow these steps:
- Unlock your IronKey device.
- Open the Windows Task Manager and go to the Processes tab.
- Locate the IKMalwareScanner process.
- Right click on the process and select "End Process".
- Delete the contents of the IronKey-System-Files\IKMalwareScanner\dats directory on your IronKey Secure Volume.
- Now lock the IronKey and unlock it again.
- This will start a fresh download of the large definition file.