The DL3 allows the administrator to enforce strong password rules for authentication. With the Strong Password feature enabled, all passwords must meet the following requirements:
- Password must be 8 characters long or greater. The minimum password length is adjustable from 8 to 32 characters.
- Sequential passwords such as “12345678”, “98765432”, and “ABCDEFGH” are prohibited.
- Repeating passwords such as “11111111” and “AAAAAAAA” are prohibited.
- The password must contain both numeric and alpha characters.
To enable this feature:
- Log into your DL3 or DL3FE using the administrator password.
- Press the Setup button within 3 seconds on the Connect screen.
- Press System.
- Press Strong Password.
- Adjust the Minimum Password Length and choose Enable.
NOTE: If your current password does not meet Strong Password requirements, the device will not force you to change your password. It will, however, prevent you from changing your password to one that does not meet Strong Password requirements.