* This applies to SafeConsole On-Prem 5.4.0 and higher
As of SafeConsole 5.4.0 Build 27, support for offline Geolocation database is available. This will allow the SafeConsole server to pull Geolocation data for a specific IP Address directly from a local database file. We recommend only using this offline database if the server is in air-gapped networks. Limited Geolocation information will be available and the accuracy of the information may vary.
Steps to implement the local GeoIP database to your SafeConsole On-Prem installation:
- Download geolocation database: https://media.datalocker.com/downloads/safeconsole/onprem/geoip-db/SafeConsole-GeoLite2-City.zip
- Save the file "GeoLite2-City_########.zip" to your computer.
- Transfer the "GeoLite2-City_########.zip" to the SafeConsole server. (if required)
- Locate your SafeConsole installation folder (by default, this is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\safeconsole)
- Locate lib folder and create a new subfolder "geoip"
- Extract the zip file contents into the new folder "geoip"
- Go to the SafeConsole Web Console
- Go to Settings > Geolocation
- Test by adding a new IP Address and you will notice Geolocation data getting retrieved from the new local database file
- After confirming the functionality is working correctly, you may cancel this dialog
- All existing IP Addresses currently in the list will need to be retrieved manually or automatically on the next event the IP Address is used