Below are the required steps to upgrade your EMS On Prem Server. You should also reference the EMS Set up guide located in your EMS download package.
1. Backup your database prior to conducting the upgrade
2. EMS On-Prem does NOT support encrypted connections to the MS SQL database (the encrypted database is supported, just not encrypted connections)
3. Be sure to use the exact same server information when deploying the new VM template.
4. If you are updating your SSL certificate and have any x100 or x200 devices within your environment, you must use one of the three approved CA's as the root CA. Also, the SiteName must be the exact same as the common name on the root certificate.(see article here: http://support.datalocker.com/support/solutions/articles/4000101884-approved-certificate-authorities-ca-s-to-obtain-a-new-ssl-certificate-or-renew-replace-an-existing- )
5. There are only two supported VM environments
- VMware® vSphere® ESXi Hypervisor (version 5.0 or higher) environment
- VMware® Workstation 12 Player (or higher) environment
Outside of those key considerations, here are the steps to upgrade your OnPrem EMS.
- Download the EMS v7.1 files from the one-time-use link provided
(let your account rep know when you're ready for this link and which email address you would like it sent to)
- Run the update scripts from the Utils->Legacy Files folder against your database in sequential order, confirming success within MS SQL after each run (files in download)
* Run v3 to v4, and look for success confirmation from sql studio window
* Run v4 to v5, and look for success confirmation from sql studio window
* Run v5 to v5.1 ... etc
**CRITICAL - DO NOT RUN SCRIPT 6.2! YOU SHOULD RUN SCRIPT v6 to v6.1 AND THEN v6.1 to v7. RUNNING SCRIPT 6.2 WILL CAUSE MAJOR ISSUES WITH YOUR DATABASE - CRITICAL**
- Run the v7 to v7.1 update script from the Utils-> folder against your database, confirming success within MS SQL after. (files in download)
- Deploy the OVA file to your VM environment following the OnPrem setup guide.
- Launch the VM console and follow the configuration steps, matching your existing server details.
- Reboot the EMS server through the VM console using command: sysconf reboot
- Launch the console and generate a License Request file and send that to email@example.com (or reply to this email thread).
Once we receive the License Request file, we'll send a License Response for you to enter into your console, You will be prompted to reboot the CLI using the command: syconf reboot