Error (5028) can occur for a number of different reasons. They are listed below.
- If you try to recommission a device from one IronKey Enterprise account using a System Admin device from another IronKey Enterprise account.
- If you try to recommission or use other Admin Tools functionality against the first System Admin device of your IronKey Enterprise account.
- If you try to recommission or use other Admin Tools functionality on an IronKey Basic or IronKey Personal device.
- If you try to recommission or use other Admin Tools functionality on a device that has not yet been initialized OR has been disabled; you will need to initialize or enable the device first.
- If you have a System Admin device with an older firmware version and you try to recommission or use other Admin Tools functionality on a device that is using a newer firmware version; if this is the cause of the error, you should update the System Admin device to the latest firmware and try to recommission the target device again.
- If a user who is not a System Admin tries to use the Admin Tools functionality on a System Admin device.
- If a device has had an Activation code and email address entered, but has not been assigned a password (partially initialized).
If this is the cause of the error, enter a password for the device to complete its setup and then try to recommission it again (it is not necessary to set up the online account).
This is the expected behavior in these situations.