By default, Windows 10 attempts to shut off USB devices after a set period of inactivity. If the Sentry K300 is put into this low power state, the drive will automatically lock the drive and require reauthentication. To disable this feature of Windows, follow the steps below.
Note: You will need to complete the following steps once for each drive plugged into your computer.
- Log in as a local administrator on your computer.
- Note: If you are not an administrator you will receive a warning indicating you won’t be able to make changes when you open Device Manager. Please contact your administrator for further assistance.
- Unlock your Sentry K300 device and plug it into the computer.
- Open Device Manager (Click the windows button and type “device manager”).
- Click on the arrow next to Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Right click on USB Mass Storage Device.
- Click Properties.
- Go to the Power Management tab.
- Uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
- Click OK.