The SafeConsole ready devices are powered by two things: the hardware inside them and the firmware (software client) that makes them tick. The firmware embedded on a device is the software that makes the hardware work as it should and allows users to communicate with the encryption hardware on the device. Firmware is programmed by the manufacturers of hardware components straight from the factory. Like any software, firmware can also be improved, bugs can be found and repaired, new features can be added. Whenever a manufacturer releases a new firmware for one of its devices, if you happen to own that device , you can take it and upgrade its firmware with the new version.
Please follow these steps to properly update your device's firmware:
* Due to hardware restrictions, firmware updates can only performed on Windows 7 and higher.
* Updating your device's firmware will not reset any user data or management configurations. Device statues such as "DISABLED" and "DENIED ACCESS" will not be changed.
- Visit https://datalocker.com/device-updates for the latest firmware updates for your device.
- Find your device firmware and download the proper link to your computer.
- Double click the updater executable file to begin the update process (unzip the executable if needed).
- The updater application will detect your device and ask to begin.
- Click "Start" to begin and wait for it to finish. * Unplugging the device or closing the update application will corrupt your device!
- Your device has been properly updated to the latest version!
- You may now exit the application and reconnect your device to ensure the new firmware is properly detected.
You may also view the video below: