This utility is designed to reformat the file system on your DataLocker drive that was wiped during self-destruct or encryption key regeneration and will ONLY work for the DataLocker Enterprise (DL2), DataLocker DL3, DL3FE, and the Sentry K300 devices.
We recommend using this format utility as it will automatically detect your device, initialize it, format it, and add a drive letter to it.
Please remove any other USB drives from your computer before running the formatter tool.
**WARNING!!! USING THIS UTILITY WILL DELETE ALL DATA AND FILE SYSTEMS FROM THE DRIVE SO BE SURE YOU BACKUP ANY DATA PRIOR TO RUNNING THIS UTILITY**
DATALOCKER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DATA LOST WHILE FORMATTING A DEVICE.
Optionally, the File System can be selected in the tool's drop down menu.
- If you plan to use your DataLocker drive on computers other than Windows Operating System we strongly recommend using exFAT.
- If you plan to use your DataLocker drive on computers with Windows Operating System, we recommend using NTFS.
- Download the latest version of the Disk Formatter Utility using these links:
- Connect and log into the device.
- Once it has connected, run the Disk Formatter Utility.
- Verify the utility correctly detects your DataLocker device and select the File System type from the dropdown
- Select "Start Format."
After the format is completed, you should be able to access the Private partition of your device.