This utility will only work for the DataLocker DL3, DL3FE, and Enterprise (DL2) and is designed to reformat the file system on your DataLocker hard drive that was wiped during self-destruct or encryption key regeneration.
Please remove any other USB drives from your computer before running the formatter tool.
Optionally, the File System can be selected in the tool's drop down menu.
- If you plan to use your DataLocker drive on computers other than Windows Operating System we strongly recommend using exFAT.
- If you plan to use your DataLocker drive on computers with Windows Operating System, we recommend using NTFS.
- Connect and log into the device.
- Once it has connected download and run this program.
- When ready verify the Drive Letter matches your DataLocker device if it is showing up and click "Start Format."
- Be sure to select the proper file system to format the drive to.
We recommend using this format utility as it will automatically detect your device, and initialize it and format it and add a drive letter to it automatically.
WARNING!!! USING THIS UTILITY WILL DELETE ALL DATA AND FILE SYSTEMS FROM THE DRIVE SO BE SURE YOU BACKUP ANY DATA PRIOR TO RUNNING THIS UTILITY
PLEASE NOTE DATALOCKER DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY DATA RECOVERY SERVICES ON DEVICES THAT ARE NO LONGER RECOGNISED ON ANY COMPUTER