** Before UPDATING YOUR DEVICE, please VERIFY you have backed up your data. **
Please note: the updater will show 3.36, however, dl3/DL3FE screen will show 3.35.
1. DOWNLOAD AND OPEN THE DEVICE UPDATER
- Download the updater application: https://datalocker.com/device-updates
- After you have downloaded the updater to your computer, connect the DL3 device to your computer.
- Log in to your DL3 drive with the Admin password and touch [CONNECT] on the DL3 screen.
- Verify the DL3 has connected to the computer and that the drive's LED light above the screen is lit.
2. CONNECT YOUR DEVICE AND RUN THE EXECUTABLE
- Once connected, double-click on the Firmware Updater to execute the updater.
- Make sure that all other USB devices are disconnected from your computer
(ex. other flash drives and external hard drives. Do not remove devices such as keyboard and mouse)
- The updater might confirm that all data on the drive could be lost and you need to backup any important data before proceeding.
- Once the updater is open, make sure that you check the box to "Force Full Update" and then click "Update" as seen in the image in step 1.
- After executing the update, your device will confirm that the update is in progress. This can take 30-60 seconds to appear on the screen.
3. LOGIN AND SET UP YOUR DEVICE
- Your device will restart after the firmware update has been completed. Confirm that the device states V3.10 in the lower right-hand corner.
- Once you acknowledge that the new firmware has been installed and that you will need to reconfigure your device and settings, touch [OK].
- Touch [OK] again and you will then need to log in with the administrator password that you used prior to the update.
- The device will now change your admin password to "0000000"
- The device will then prompt you with a warning to change the default password the first time. The second log-in will force you to change your password.
f. After you hit [OK], the device will then ask you to [CONNECT] or [SETUP].Select [SETUP].
(Note that you only have 3 seconds to press [SETUP] before it automatically connects to the computer)
g. Select [CHANGE PASSWORD] and change your admin password.
h. Select [USER PASSWORD] and press [CREATE]. It will automatically set the password to seven 0's "0000000".
You can change the user password in Step 4.
i. Select [SAFECONSOLE] and press [ENABLE].
j. After you enable, hit the back button twice in the upper left-hand corner and then select [CONNECT].
Note: If the drive does not mount when connected, please refer to the Drive Formatting Utility article.
4. LOGIN AS A USER TO CONNECT TO SAFECONSOLE
Once you have set up your user account as shown in step three, you are now ready to allow the device to connect to SafeConsole.
- Disconnect the device.
- Connect the device and use the [USER PASSWORD] that was set up in step number three. If you didn't change the user password after enabling it, the default password is seven 0's "0000000".
- Once you log in to the device, press [CONNECT].
- The screen will then alert you that the device is waiting to connect to SafeConsole.
- You will then need to follow the directions in step 5.
Note: If the drive does not mount when connected, please refer to this article to run the drive formatting utility. http://support.datalocker.com/support/solutions/articles/110934-datalocker-disk-formatter-tool-version-1-34b
5. CONNECT YOUR DEVICE AND RUN THE SAFECONSOLE EXECUTABLE
- Once your device is connected, click on "Run DataLockerDL3.exe".
- Enter in the connection token that was given or emailed to you by your system administrator.
- Once you allow the token to connect, enter the username and password provided by your system administrator.
- Enter your email address to enable the password reset and secure file sharing on your device.
- Your device will now connect to SafeConsole and is ready for use.