*This only applies to device clients earlier than 4.8.
Sentry FIPS v4.2.2 is used for this tutorial.
- Visit SafeConsole's "Quick Connect Guide" and go to "Legacy Devices" tab.
- Right click "Server Certificate" and "Server Registry Key" links and save as. Save these files to your desktop.
- Double click the certificate file and proceed to install into your certificate store.
- Click "Install Certificate" and choose to place the certificate in the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" store.
- At the "Security Warning" prompt, click "Yes" to trust the certificate.
- Proceed to import the registry key file.
- This will add new entries that will link the SafeConsoleReady devices to the SafeConsole server.
- Now you may start up the Sentry FIPS client application and set a password if you haven't not done so.
- After the device has finished initializing, it will detect the new settings on the machine and attempt to register the device to the SafeConsole server.
- Click "Yes" and proceed to register with the SafeConsole server.
- After device registration has completed, you will now see a new device listed on the SafeConsole Admin Portal.
- The device has now been registered and you may perform remote actions to the device.
- Performing the "Reset Password" action is good way to confirm a successful device to server registration.
- You are done!