If there are resources you would like to make available to your SafeConsole Cloud server securely over the Internet, follow the guide below:
Supported VPN platforms:
Benefits for a VPN connection:
Connecting your Active Directory to the SafeConsole Server allows to sync Staff and Users.
Creating a VPN Connection:
- If you have a pre-existing OpenVPN connection you may opt to email support the client config to be implement on your SafeConsole Cloud Server.
- To create a new OpenVPN connection on your Active Directory Server.
- Download and Install OpenVPN
- In a command prompt, generate a static key.
openvpn --genkey --secret static.key
- Open up a notepad and create the server.ovpn file
dev tun ifconfig 10.8.0.1 10.8.0.2 secret static.key
keepalive 10 60 ping-timer-rem persist-tun persist-key
- Create a client.ovpn file. Replace myremote.mydomain with the fully qualified domain name of your server or it's IP address
remote myremote.mydomain dev tun ifconfig 10.8.0.2 10.8.0.1 secret static.key
- Make sure Port 1194 UDP is open in your firewall
- Run OpenVPN with the server configuration file.The static key needs to be in the same folder as the server.conf file
- Zip, optionally with a password, the static key and client.conf file to [email protected] You may give the password over the phone at (913) 310-9088.
- If your Active Directory server is separate from your OpenVPN server then you will need to add your subnet to the client configuration file like so:
route 192.168.4.0 255.255.255.0Then on the server side, add a route to the server's LAN gateway that routes 10.8.0.2 to the OpenVPN server machine (only necessary if the OpenVPN server machine is not also the gateway for the server-side LAN). Also, don't forget to enable IP Forwarding on the OpenVPN server machine.