If you as an admin would like to register devices for Users then these are the steps you should follow:
- Your SafeConsole Server should be on version 5.2.0 or above
- Your SafeConsole Ready Devices should be updated to 4.8.25 or later. The latest firmware updates available here.
- You should enable "Requires a unique token for all device registrations" in server settings.
- Enable "Disable machine ownership confirmation during registration" in server settings
Failure to meet this requirements will register all devices to your account.
- Create the users manually in SafeConsole or Import a CSV list of the users.
- Follow the quick connect guide with a new device you will like to register. Quick connect guide is available in the Help Section on the Left in the SafeConsole web interface.
- When prompted for the Registration Token use the token of the User you will like to register the device for. The user's unique token can be found by Going to Manage Users and clicking the wrench next to the user's name.
- Once you return to the password creation screen or the custom user info screen you may lock and exit the device.
At this point the device can be given to the User to finalize setting up the drive by creating a password.