Please make sure to whitelist your DataLocker device in any programs that may block USB removable storage or optical drives. Examples of programs that may block your drive from executing include Microsoft Group Policies or a third party Anti-Virus program, such as Sophos Endpoint Protection. To unlock the secure storage partition the device will need to either write to the optical drive that is mounted or use HID when available. For full compatibility make sure Read and Write permissions are granted to both the removable storage and optical drives.
Some things to keep in Mind when WhiteListing Devices.
- DataLocker drives of the same model but of different sizes will show up as the same device so they will only need to be whitelisted once.
- Enterprise Drives will show up as different devices than Basic Drives.
- Basic Drives that are upgraded to Enterprise will still show up as Basic Drives.
- Drives may show up differently on Mac than on Windows
- Sophos Enterprise Console does not show when an optical drive is read-only. To create an exception you will need to first need to create a policy to block all Optical Drives. This will allow you to see the optical drive in the log of devices blocked allowing you to make an exception.
An Example of IDs that you may need to WhiteList
USB\VID_230A&PID_1513&REV_0100 USBSTOR\DiskDL______Sentry_EMS______PMAP USBSTOR\CdRomDL______Sentry_EMS______PMAP STORAGE\Volume
Sentry 3 FIPS
USB\VID_230A&PID_1512&REV_0100 USBSTOR\DiskDL______Sentry_3_FIPS___PMAP USBSTOR\CdRomDL______Sentry_3_FIPS___PMAP
USB\VID_230A&PID_1510&REV_0110 USBSTOR\DiskDL______Sentry3_________PMAP USBSTOR\CdRomDL______Sentry3_________PMAP
USB\VID_230A&PID_2100&REV_0110 USBSTOR\DiskDL______Sentry__________PMIP USBSTOR\CdRomDL______Sentry__________PMIP
USB\VID_230A&PID_1181&REV_0001 USBSTOR\DiskDLI_____DL3FIPS_________0001 USBSTOR\CdRomDLI_____Virtual_CD_Drive0001
USB\VID_230A&PID_1180&REV_0001 USBSTOR\DiskDLI_____DataLocker_DL3__0001 USBSTOR\CdRomDLI_____Virtual_CD_Drive0001
USB\VID_230A&PID_2221&REV_0100 USBSTOR\CdRomDL______H100_Application0001 USBSTOR\DiskDL______H100_Private____0001
USB\VID_230A&PID_2220&REV_0100 USBSTOR\CdRomDL______H200_Application0001 USBSTOR\DiskDL______H200_Private____0001
USB\VID_230A&PID_1015&REV_0100 USBSTOR\DiskDL______Public__________0100 USBSTOR\DiskDL______Secure__________0100 wpdbusenum\fs STORAGE\Volume
USB\VID_230A&PID_1016&REV_0100 USBSTOR\DiskDL______Public__________0100 USBSTOR\DiskDL______H100_Private____0001 wpdbusenum\fs STORAGE\Volume
USB\VID_230A&PID_1011&REV_0100 USBSTOR\DiskDL______Public__________0100 USBSTOR\DiskDL______Secure__________0100 wpdbusenum\fs STORAGE\Volume
USB\VID_230A&PID_1012&REV_0100 USBSTOR\DiskDL______Public__________0100 USBSTOR\DiskDL______Secure__________0100 wpdbusenum\fs STORAGE\Volume
* These devices can have different VID depending on when they were manufactured. If produced by Imation the VID will be 0718. In these cases, the DataLocker VID, 230A, should be replaced by 0718.
The following devices can be managed by DataLocker EMS and SafeConsole, but are not owned by DataLocker. Please contact the vendor of your device for more information regarding these drives.
USBSTOR\DiskKingstonDT4000G2M-R_____PMAP USBSTOR\DiskKingstonDT4000G2M-R_____ USB\Vid_0951&Pid_150c&Rev_0100