Before you begin the installation of SafeConsole On-Prem for Windows, here are some items that you will need to have available and pre-configured to ensure a smooth installation process.
- Downloaded latest SafeConsole On-Prem installation file. (This link will always contain the latest version)
- Valid SafeConsole v5.x license key.
- Updated web browser to access SafeConsole Admin Portal. (Web browsers currently supported: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE11 and Edge)
- At least 1 SafeConsole-Ready device to managed and registered on your new installation. (Recommend device firmware version v4.8.20 and higher)
- Windows computer with administrator rights that be configured to allow external network connections. Server 2008, Server 2012 or Windows 7 is recommended. This computer should have a backup and restore system in place to allow easy data recovery.
- Firewall rule forwarding traffic to the SafeConsole computer. Default TCP port is 443 but can be configured for any unused port on network.
- DNS record for the SafeConsole computer that can be reconfigured and accessible from any machine both internally and outside of corporate network. ie: sc.mycompany.com
- SafeConsole computer should be allowed to send emails using SMTP or the mail service built into SafeConsole. (Default mail service: sendgrid.net TCP 443)
- For software license activation purposes, the SafeConsole computer should be allowed to send activation requests to Activation Server. (Activation hostname: wyday.com TCP 443)
- For Active Directory integration (optional):
- Preconfigured AD user that is unprivileged and not part of a Security Group.
- Preconfigured AD Security Groups for SafeConsole roles. Administrators, Managers, and Support roles.
- Domain controller should allow LDAP protocols to connect. (LDAPS can be used but requires additional setup.)
If you are utilizing the maps widget then you will need to whitelist these hosts on your network:
- ip-api.com for GeoLocation information
- ipinfo.io for GeoLocation information