How to recover a device that was managed from a different ACCESS Enterprise Installation pointing to a different SQL database.
- You have a copy or know the ACCESS Enterprise Corporate Identifier (CCI) of the original license file used to manage the device(s) originally.
- The device management code originally assigned to the device.
- Create a new SQL database and run the device script provided in the ACCESS Enterprise Manager download package.
- Install ACCESS Enterprise Manager and create an ODBC connection on the machine hosting the Manager.
- Import the original license file that was used to manage the device(s) originally. If you do not have the license file but know the CCI, please contact [email protected]
- Connect the device and launch ACCESS Enterprise Manager.
- Select “Device Initialization” and then “Manage Device”.
- Select the “Erase” radial button and provide the original management code when prompted.
You can now manage the device on the new ACCESS Enterprise installation.