In Windows 10, you may have the problem where your DataLocker disconnects after a certain time.
This guide will show how you to disable the power save feature.
- Click on your Start button on the bottom left corner.
- Click “Settings.”
- Type “Power” in the search bar on the top right corner.
- It will then search for everything with the work “Power”. Look through the results for “Power Options” and click that.
- A window should pop up. On the right side, click “Choose when to turn off the display”.
- Click “Change advanced power setting”.
- A window should pop up.
- Scroll down till you see “Hard Disk” and click the “+” to open it then click the next “+” to open the next level.
i.For both “On battery” and “Plugged in”, type “0” then click Apply
- Scroll down further to find “USB settings” and click the “+” to open it then click the next “+” to open the next level.
i.For both “On battery” and “Plugged in”, Select “Disabled” then click Apply then click OK.
- Steps 6 and 7 should be repeated for all the power plans available. This will ensure that no matter what power plan the computer is on, the DataLocker will not disconnect.